Easily generate image assets for PhoneGap/Cordova projects
This handy tool supports
PhoneGap and Cordova,
as well as Ionic,
and other development tools using Cordova.
It's optimized for use with PhoneGap Build and PGB Tutorial.
Upload a preferably square app icon and an optional splash screen background in a high resolution bit image format, but preferably PNG. Both images can have transparency/alpha. Meta formats like PSD, EPS, PDF, AI, XCF or WebP are not supported at this time.
- Read here about what icons and splash/launch screens are needed by Cordova projects:
- The uploaded images should be 1 megapixels or more for high enough quality, but less than 16 megapixels (larger will generate an error).
- Avoid photos or images with gradients if possible. They slow down conversions and make the app very big.
- If you get a timeout error, try to convert for one platform at a time.
- Images for respective store and that should not be part of the app build are stored under the folder archive. Move archive outside of the project.
- Don't remove .pgbomit from the res folder. It's there to avoid redundant images when using PhoneGap Build.
- Here's a config.xml snippet showing the use of the created images.
© 2018 Abiro
. All rights reserved.