Easily generate image assets for PhoneGap/Cordova projects
You get 25% DISCOUNT on all Cloudways plans for the next THREE months. Just use the promo code “HELLO2019”. Offer ends January 10, 2019.
This handy tool supports
PhoneGap and Cordova,
as well as Ionic,
and other development tools using Cordova.
It's optimized for use with PhoneGap Build and PGB Tutorial.
Upload a preferably square app icon and an optional splash screen background in a high resolution bit image format, but preferably PNG. Both images can have transparency/alpha. Meta formats like PSD, EPS, PDF, AI, XCF or WebP are not supported at this time.
- Read here about what icons and splash/launch screens are needed by Cordova projects:
- The uploaded images should be 1 megapixels or more for high enough quality, but less than 16 megapixels (larger will generate an error).
- Avoid photos or images with gradients if possible. They slow down conversions and make the app very big.
- If you get a timeout error, try to convert for one platform at a time.
- Images for respective store and that should not be part of the app build are stored under the folder archive. Move archive outside of the project.
- Don't remove .pgbomit from the res folder. It's there to avoid redundant images when using PhoneGap Build.
- Here's a config.xml snippet showing the use of the created images.
© 2019 Abiro
. All rights reserved.