Easily generate image assets for Cordova-based projects
Added generation of a 2732x2732 splash screen to support Android 12. The config.xml example has been updated with invoking this splash screen.
This handy tool generates icons and splash screens for Cordova and development tools based on Cordova, like
If you use VoltBuilder, it's also possible to have images auto-generated as part of building an application. See Generating Icons and Splash Screens.
Upload a preferably square app icon and an optional splash screen background in a high resolution bit image format, but preferably PNG, each less than 16 megapixels. Both images can have transparency/alpha. Meta formats like PSD, EPS, PDF, AI, XCF or WebP are not supported at this time.
- Read here about what icons and splash/launch screens are needed by Cordova projects, that this tool adhers to:
- The uploaded images should be 1 megapixels or more for high enough quality, but less than 16 megapixels (larger will generate an error).
- Avoid photos or images with gradients if possible. They slow down conversions and make the app very big.
- If you get a timeout error, try to convert for one platform at a time.
- Images for respective store are stored under the folder archive. Optionally move the folder outside of the project.
- Here's a config.xml snippet showing the use of the created images.